Events during the past week:
- The control centre systems are functioning, but work is ongoing to get them ready for use.
• The scheduled test drive carried out on 14 September was interrupted due to disturbances in the west metro’s electric system. In addition, other, smaller consecutive traffic disturbances occurred during the test drive.
When the disturbances in the electric system occurred, the rail’s security system functioned as planned within the pre-defined limits and suspended all traffic. The required actions are being taken and their effect will be tested during the next test drive, which will take place solely on the west metro stretch next Tuesday.
Remaining tasks before traffic begins running:
- Correcting defects in the systems required for the metro’s use
• Connecting the fire detector system to the Emergency Response Centre
• Handing the control centre systems over to HKL for the initial production phase
• Carrying out traffic experiments successfully in accordance with traffic schedules throughout the metro line on at least three days
• The initial production phase for the maintenance of the stations and rail (HKL): ensuring the metro’s dependability and the reliability of its operation, correcting any defects that are discovered, increasing the readiness of HKL’s employees
• Passenger rescue drills before the passenger traffic service begins
• Required approvals from authorities for commencing passenger traffic
The next status update will be given on 22 September.
Ville Lehmuskoski, Managing Director, HKL, tel. +358 40 520 6710
Ville Saksi, CEO, Länsimetro Oy, tel. +358 40 823 2086