The station and its entrances feature atmospheric, pre-patinated corten suspended ceilings that blend in with the red-brick campus surroundings. Aalto University station is located southwest of the main building of the Aalto University, in the middle of an architecturally important campus area in Otaniemi.
- The main entrance is located west of Otaniementie, opposite to the main building of Aalto University. A view of the main building of Aalto University is provided from the top of the escalator to the station’s entrance. The station’s street address is Otaniementie 12.
- The western entrance is located at Tietotie 4.
- The main ticket hall will be situated at the eastern end of the station, one floor below street level.
- Daily passengers: 20,000 (Strafica estimate in 2015 for the year 2025.)
- The corten steel suspended ceiling follows passengers on their journey through the station from the ticket hall to the escalators and platform area.
- The station was designed by ALA Architects and Esa Piironen Oy.
Aalto University Campus & Real Estate is responsible for developing the services around Aalto University station. Further information can be found on their website.