The architecture of Keilaniemi station highlights the area’s role as a divider between work and home and the sea and land, as well as its location near the boundary between two cities.
- Keilaniemi station is situated on the narrow strip between Karhusaarentie and Keilaniementie at the street address Keilaniementie 3, right next to Fortum’s head office.
- The station has two separate entrance buildings; a southern building attached to the main entrance and a northern building close to the curve in Keilaniementie.
- Daily passengers: 20,000 (Strafica estimate in 2015 for the year 2025.)
- The platform area ceiling includes an art installation of tube lights by the duo Grönlund and Nisunen.
- The cool, streamlined and metallic character of the surrounding cluster of office buildings is reflected in the station’s appearance.
- The station was designed by ALA Architects and Esa Piironen Oy.
For more information, please visit the City of Espoo website at Ring I construction in Keilaniemi.