The Espoonlahti station is located southwest of the Lippulaiva shopping centre, next to Espoonlahdenraitti, between Espoonlahdentori and Solmutori.
- Situated beside the shopping centre, the station’s appearance draws from an ice rink, swimming centre and sports park.
- The station’s atmosphere is inspired by the nearby swimming centre in its colour tones, lighting and materials. Chrome plating is used to imitate rippling waves and light reflected by water. The platform hall is illuminated with bright, white light.
- Due to the reflections from the rippling chrome walls and ceiling, the viewer feels as if she is peering upwards from the bottom of a giant swimming pool.
- The glazed tile surfaces are similar to those found in stations of the London and Paris metros.
- Daily passengers: 8,000 (Strafica prediction in 2015 for the year 2025.)
- The station was designed by ALA Architects
News on the work stages at the Espoonlahti site can be found under the Worksite areas section.