The west metro will bring 13 new metro stations to the metro network in the Helsinki metropolitan area. In addition, an underground metro depot will be constructed in Sammalvuori.
Every new metro station will have an identity of its own to enable passengers to recognise them easily. Every station will have the same platform design and similar signage and access routes.
The architectural planning objectives of metro stations:
- passenger safety, fire exit and emergency exit functionality, enhanced sense of safety through lighting and other means
- obstacle-free access
- efficient feeder traffic
- integration with the surrounding cityscape through lighting, materials, acoustics, art, etc.
- functional spaces, routes and signage
- urban structure integration, augmentation and cohesion
- maintenance: technical solutions, materials, spare parts, supply, maintenance facilities