Events during the past week:
- On 4 September, the Helsinki City Rescue Department gave a favourable opinion on opening the Koivusaari and Lauttasaari stations for use. Based on this favourable opinion, HKL has been able to begin the preparations required before metro trains can start running.
- On 31 August, the Länsi-Uusimaa Rescue Department gave a favourable opinion concerning the six stations located in Espoo.
- The effectiveness of the joint situation management model of Länsimetro and HKL was improved, with the objectives being seamless co-ordination of the actions of all parties and improvements in schedule accuracy.
- A decision was made to publish weekly status updates after the review meetings held on Fridays.
- The station-specific final cleaning operations by contractors have mainly been completed.
- It has been agreed with the rescue departments that voice evacuation, sprinkler, gas suppression and fire detector systems can be connected to the Emergency Rescue Centre. The target schedule for these connections is next week.
Remaining tasks before traffic will begin running:
- Handover of fully functioning control systems for HKL’s use
- Obtaining final approvals from the building control authorities of Espoo and Helsinki for the commencement of passenger traffic services
- Implementing other necessary changes based on the observations of HKL and Länsimetro
- The initial production phase for the maintenance of the stations and rail (HKL), increasing the readiness of employees, ensuring that the entire entity functions and correcting any defects discovered
- Traffic experiments carried out in accordance with traffic schedules
- A two-week test period performed successfully by HKL after the initial start-up of systems
The rolling fire door located at the M level of the Iso Omena shopping centre in Matinkylä will be replaced with the final door solution in order to improve fire safety. This replacement operation will begin next week. The door separates the shopping centre and the metro areas and is located at the top of the metro station’s escalator. In addition, the rolling fire door separating the shopping centre and the station in Niittykumpu will be replaced later on. Work related to a similar door in Lauttasaari is still being completed. These door-related works will have no effect on the commissioning schedule.
The next status update will be given on 15 September.
Ville Saksi, CEO, Länsimetro Oy, tel. +358 40 823 2086
Ville Lehmuskoski, Managing Director, HKL, tel. +358 40 520 6710