Matinkylä station and the adjoining bus terminal are part of the Iso Omena shopping centre.
- Matinkylä is the terminal station of the first phase of the West Metro and therefore an important centre for feeder traffic.
- The station is conveniently accessible from the shopping centre at the address Suomenlahdentie 1.
- Daily passengers: 31,000 (Strafica estimate in 2015 for the year 2025.)
- The design of the platform area ceiling is inspired by white clouds and frost. The ceiling surface is made up of alternating white aluminium plates.
- Matinkylä station was designed by Arkkitehtitoimisto HKP Oy.