In the future, the main entrance on Kaitaantie will be surrounded by a block of apartment buildings as part of the Kaitaa metro centre. The platform is directly accessible from the ticket hall on the ground level by escalator and elevator. The Iivisniemenkallio entrance is still provisional as of now.
- The Kaitaa station’s architectural theme follows the area’s character and urban planning theme of “lush, green courtyards”.
- In the station’s design, the cold metal, glass and concrete surfaces are combined with warm, pine forest tones characteristic of the area.
- The exterior of the buildings is metal, and their interiors are inspired by the shapes and tones of a pine forest.
- Both entrances to the Kaitaa station are standalone, pavilion-like buildings.
- Daily passengers: 2,000 (Strafica prediction in 2015 for the year 2025.)
- The station was designed by PES-Architects Ltd
News on the work stages at the Kaitaa site can be found under the Worksite areas section.