The smoke extraction fans for the Matinkylä–Kivenlahti section are being tested between the 17th and 21st of May 2021. During the testing, a whirring sound may be heard in the vicinity from time to time.
Performance tests will be carried out on the smoke extraction fans during week 20 as follows:
- Monday, 17 May 2021, 8 am–3 pm, Kaitaa metro station, Hyljetie shaft and Riilahti shaft
- Tuesday, 18 May, 8 am–3 pm, Soukka metro station and Opettajantie shaft
- Wednesday, 19 May, 8 am–noon, Finnoo metro station, and noon–3 pm Kauklahdenväylä shaft
- Thursday, 20 May, 8 am–3 pm, Espoonahti and Maininkitie shaft
- Friday, 21 May, 8 am–noon, Kivenlahti
A whirring sound may be heard from time to time at the West Metro’s stations and shafts during testing. We apologise for any noise disturbance.
Smoke extraction fans are used in case of fire to blow smoke away from the underground facilities along fire-compartmented routes into the outside air. There are smoke extraction fans in the metro line’s vertical shafts and the metro stations’ eastern and western ends. All in all, 15 smoke extraction fans have been installed on the Matinkylä–Kivenlahti section.
Länsimetro’s feedback line (Mon–Fri, 9 am to 1 pm) 050 377 3700