Länsimetro is building the Kivenlahti metro station, which includes the Kivenlahdentie and Kivenlahdentori entrances and technical buildings. The construction contract is being implemented by Skanska Infra Oy. In addition, Länsimetro is building the Kivenlahti park and ride facility. The Kivenlahti metro station will be opened for traffic simultaneously with the other stations during 2023.
Information about moving around at the station
The Kivenlahdentori entrance will be available to passengers when the metro service starts.
The Kivenlahdentie entrance will not be open to passengers when the metro service starts due to other construction ongoing in the area. This entrance will be opened once construction in the area around the entrance is completed.
When the metro service starts, 60 park and ride spaces for bicycles will be available at the Kivenlahdentori entrance.
The park and ride facility located next to the Kivenlahdentie entrance will have 650 park and ride spaces for cars and 50 park and ride spaces for bicycles. These will be available to passengers when the metro service starts, although the Kivenlahdentie entrance will not be open to passengers.
Contact information for the Kivenlahti station construction contract
Address of the worksite base: Kivenlahdentie 15-17
Other worksite addresses:
Kivenlahti service tunnel: Kivenlahdentie 17, 02320 Espoo
Kivenlahdentie entrance: Kivenlahdentie 17, 02320 Espoo
Kivenlahdentori entrance: Kivenlahdentie 18, 02320 Espoo
Direct phone line to the worksite: +358 (0)50 402 3044
Petri Mälkiä (Skanska Infra Oy): petri.malkia(at)skanska.fi, +358 (0)50 370 4728
Further information about the worksite:
Länsimetro’s feedback line (Mon–Fri, 9 am to 1 pm) +358 (0)50 377 3700
Further information on the Kivenlahti metro station
- Kivenlahti metro station and its architecture
- For photos of the construction of the Espoonlahti metro station, go to our image bank (Flickr)
- Schedule and progress of the construction of the entire Matinkylä-Kivenlahti section
Kivenlahti’s development and public transport
Information on the development of the Kivenlahti area is available on the City of Espoo’s website
- Construction of the Kivenlahti Metro Centre (in Finnish)
- Kivenlahti Metro Centre’s street and park areas (in Finnish)
- Kivenlahti Metro Centre’s temporary parking facility (in Finnish)
- Construction of Kiviruukki (in Finnish)
- For more information on current local detailed plans, see the Espoo map service. (in Finnish)
- Kivenlahti Metro Centre II city planning (in Finnish)