Länsimetro has built the Kaitaa metro station, which includes the Kaitaantie entrance, the Iivisniemenkallio entrance option and technical buildings. The construction contract was implemented by the consortium of YIT Rakennus Oy and Are Oy. The construction contract of Kaitaa metro station ended on Friday, 13 May 2022. The Kaitaa metro station will be opened for traffic simultaneously with the other stations during 2023.
Information about moving around at the station
The City is developing the neighbourhood of the Kaitaa metro station, incl. the block around the metro station. The other construction projects in the area will affect, among other things, the final park and ride spaces.
Direct access is provided from the Kaitaantie entrance to the platform by both lifts and escalators.
The Iivisniemenkallio entrance is an option and it will not be opened to passengers when metro services start. Direct lift access is provided from the entrance to the platform.
When the metro service starts, the Kaitaantie entrance will provide around 200 park and ride spaces for bicycles. More spaces can be added later.
When the metro service starts, 50 temporary park and ride spaces will be available for cars.
Further information on the Kaitaa metro station
- Kaitaa metro station and its architecture
- For photos of the construction of the Kaitaa metro station, go to our image bank (Flickr)
- Schedule and progress of the construction of the entire Matinkylä-Kivenlahti section
Kaitaa’s development and public transport
Information on the development of the Kaitaa area is available on the City of Espoo’s website
Plan revisions are pending in the Kaitaa area. For more information on current local detailed plans, see the Espoo map service.
- Kaitaa, mostly consisting of detached houses, will have an urban metro centre
- Hannusranta city planning (in Finnish)
- Iivisniementori city planning (in Finnish)
- Kaitaa Metro Centre city planning (in Finnish)