Länsimetro has built the Espoonlahti metro station, whose entrances are located in connection with the shopping centre Lippulaiva. The Espoonlahti bus terminal is also being built in connection with the station. The construction contract was implemented by SRV Rakennus Oy. The construction contract of Espoonlahti metro station ended on Friday, 13 May 2022. The Espoonlahti metro station will be opened for traffic simultaneously with the other stations during 2023.
Information about moving around at the station
The Espoonlahti metro station is located in connection with the shopping centre Lippulaiva. Both of the station’s entrances will be available to passengers when the metro service starts. Direct lift and escalator access is provided to Lippulaiva from both ends of the platform.
When the metro service starts, more than 760 park and ride spaces will be provided for bicycle commuters arriving from different directions, including 200 covered spaces. Some of the spaces will have e-bike charging stations.
When the metro service starts, 250 park and ride spaces will be available for cars.
Further information on the Espoonlahti metro station
- Espoonlahti metro station and its architecture
- For photos of the construction of the Espoonlahti metro station, go to our image bank (Flickr)
- Schedule and progress of the construction of the entire Matinkylä-Kivenlahti section
Espoonlahti’s development and public transport
Information on the development of the Espoonlahti area is available on the City of Espoo’s website
- Espoonlahti – a maritime urban area
- For more information on current local detailed plans, see the Espoo map service. (in Finnish)