Länsimetro has build the Finnoo metro station, which includes the Finnoonsilta and Meritie entrances and technical buildings. The contract was implemented by the consortium of GRK Infra Oy and Aki Hyrkkönen Oy. The construction contract of Finnoo metro station ended on Friday, 13 May 2022. The Finnoo metro station will be opened for traffic simultaneously with the other stations during 2023.
Information about moving around at the station
When the metro service from Matinkylä to Kivenlahti starts, construction of the Finnoo district will still be underway. The other construction projects in the area will affect metro services. However, unobstructed and safe access to the metro station will be secured at all times.
The Finnoonsilta entrance will initially provide 72 covered park and ride spaces for bicycles and another 142 spaces will be located in connection with the Finnoonsillta underpass.
Further information on the Finnoo metro station
- Finnoo metro station and its architecture
- For photos of the construction of the Finnoo metro station, go to our image bank (Flickr)
- Schedule and progress of the construction of the entire Matinkylä-Kivenlahti section
Finnoo’s development and public transport
Information on the development of the Finnoo area is available on the City of Espoo’s website
- The maritime atmosphere of Finnoo can be seen in the metro station
- Construction of Finnoo
- For more information on current local detailed plans, see the Espoo map service. (in Finnish)